You probably know that search engines including Google, Baidu, Bing, and Yahoo have evolved over the years. As time progresses forward, new, more sophisticated algorithms are added to keep search results fair.
This has led all entities, including businesses and establishments, to continuously deploy SEO (search engine optimization) tactics to keep them relevant and appear higher on SERPs (search engine result pages). With respect to lead generation, SEO may offer slower results; however, the impact is quite long, giving you time to rethink strategy for the future.
According to a recent study by Impact Plus, Google alone accounted for over 70% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 13%, Bing at 12%, and 2% for Yahoo. Furthermore, there have already been over 360 billion searches and still counting, with 15% of daily searches recorded by Google are completely new.
Moreover, 57% of marketing executive say that on-page content development is the most effective SEO tactic. In 2020 55% of all worldwide traffic came from mobile, and 42% came from desktop.
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the best ways to generate leads with SEO in 2021.
- Active Blogging
Content will always be king. The age of information technology has made us consumers of mass information without even giving us the slightest hint. Writing content that is imbued with terrific informational value, comprehensive research, and providing resolutions to the pain points of the viewers can help you sell almost anything.
Search engine’s these days greatly value written content that takes into account user intent or satisfy search intent. Well-structured content that delivers a bull’s eye approach to troublesome matters will make audiences come to you. By studying the current trends and your targeted audience’s interest, you will know which type of content is in demand. Then all you need to do is make the best use of your CTAs (call to actions).
- Build Lead Magnets
Once you have mastered the art of creating relevant and up to date content for your targeted audiences, it is time to move ahead and think about creating lead magnets. Lead magnets can be defined as invaluable intellectual property that offers outstanding value to a wide range of audiences and demographics.
The majority of lead magnets take time and effort to create, but they offer astonishing value for viewers. They can be in the form of tutorials or how-to guides that help readers and viewers study a subject or topic with acute details. When you build lead magnets, they become your company’s most prized assets. Examples of possible lead magnets include:
- Buying Guides
- Case Studies
- Premium Subscriptions
- Market Reports
- White Papers
- Competitor Analysis
An industry without competition can very well turn blind and lose all innovation. Competition keeps things alive and moving within an industry. Here multiple forces, while rivaling each other, are able to produce a higher quality of products and services. While each rival seeks to outshine the other, customers benefit incredibly from the ensuing battle.
As an entrepreneur, you should keep your friends close but your enemies even closer. There are various tools that can help you understand your competitors better and how they are churning the wheel to bring in more returns on investment. Here are a few to pique your interest further:
- Ahrefs – tons of SEO use cases and research competitors by accessing their backlinks.
- Alexa Traffic Rank – can be easily integrated into your Google Chrome browser.
- Page Optimizer Pro – allows you to plug in your website and direct competitors for a certain keyword.
- SEMrush – a large number of features that contain a wealth of information and extremely useful for competitive analysis.
- SpyFu – range of SEO competitor analysis features especially SpyFu’s Kombat feature, offers competitors data with insights.
- Email Marketing
Those who consider email marketing to be dead cannot be any more mistaken. Email marketing to this day has the potential to offer you splendid ROI (return on investment) if an adequate strategy is implemented. Here are some suggestions through which you can use email marketing to generate leads for your venture:
- Prioritize your candidates/prospects, study them, and keep communication fresh and up to date.
- Always A/B Test your emails for a cleaner design, concise message, CTA optimization, white space, visual elements, and font/text formatting.
- Master the art of creating fantastic subject lines with the help of numbers, emojis, FOMO (fear of missing out), and putting the most important information first.
- Don’t forget to leverage social media channels. In fact, you can add social media icons to your email signature and have them hyperlinked to your company’s social media pages.
- Guest Posting
Works with the principle that you give something of value in order to receive a value in return, guest posting is a remarkable way to earn cherished backlinks. Not only does it help to elevate your SEO efforts, but in return, it is also able to direct traffic towards your site. Reach out to high ranking domains with considerable domain/page authority and offer them content that is infused with plenty of value for targeted audiences, users, and viewers. Here are some tips:
- Pick out the best and top blogs that enable you to connect with the publisher. Pitch them an idea they simply cannot refuse.
- Discuss anchor text, link placement, and backlink clearly so that you understand that you are getting in return something for your hard effort.
- Beware of dropped domains. These are expired domains with a link profile. They offer low-quality content and sell links.
- Domain name, domain history, and performance in regards to the amount of traffic being brought in matters a lot, so be vigilant in your selection.
- High Conversion Landing Pages
High converting landing pages are prized assets that win over prospects and convert them into your customers, which is why they require special attention and diligence. Young learners who opt for dissertation writing services may already be aware of such tactics. A high converting landing page has numerous qualities such as:
- Killer headlines that focus on interests and understanding of targeted audiences to grab attention.
- Persuasive subheads that keep the interest of the audience intact and enable visitors to stay on your page.
- Images or visual element quality has to be spot on. Images should have high resolution and be relevant to the context of your text.
- Provide an offer clearly with a straightforward explanation which is crucial. The entire page should be extremely reader-friendly, including text, design, and layout.
- Keep the pain points, benefits, losses, and solutions highlighted throughout the page. This would build interest in what you have to offer. Include research and references to support your claims.
- Local SEO Strategies
Your local SEO is vital if you want to bring in traffic and users from the local market. For businesses that want to connect with the local market, local SEO can help them generate brand awareness and much more. Here are some tips that can come in handy:
- Google Map Pack domination can greatly fuel your local search and local SEO.
- Local organic rankings can be boosted with the use of keywords optimized for the local market.
- Both Google Suggest and Yelp Suggest are also great tools to let you know where your venture stands in the local search.
- Google My Business is a free and great tool that you can use to augment your local SEO.
- NAPs (Name, Address, and Phone Number) always take priority in local SEO.
- Optimize Homepage and Inner Content
It goes without saying that an optimized homepage is a key to generate leads online. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure that after keywords research, keywords are implemented adequately, such as headlines, subheadings, within the text, image alt-texts, and meta tags (meta title & meta description).
- All images must be optimized. Use Image SEO to make them decrease in file size, but they should not lose their image quality (high resolution).
- The use of CTA is important, and therefore they should be clearly highlighted.
- On-Page SEO is required to help your website load faster, be more responsive, and offer smooth navigation.
With proper time, effort, and a marginal amount of capital investment, you can make SEO your main bread earner. Not only SEO will provide you with more clicks, but it can also generate more traffic for your site. Plus, who can forget that SEO nowadays is able to improve the user experience, thus making you more relevant, fresh, and up to date in the online market.
I hope this post was able to offer you some meaningful insights as to how you can generate a terrific amount of leads with SEO alone in 2021. SEO is undoubtedly the most cost-effective method of marketing and promoting your business. Cheers, and all the best for your future endeavors!